Kitchen Upgrades and Renovations
Are you looking to install a new oven, cooktop or range hood? Are you renovating your existing kitchen, adding extra lighting or power outlets? Maybe you are building and designing a new kitchen?
Whatever your needs our Electricians are licensed knowledgeable and reliable.
Give Your Kitchen New Life with a New Cooktop
The Pro’s and Con’s Between Electric, Gas and Induction Cooktops
Electric Cooktop Pro’s
- Most popular due to being most affordable
- Flush surface making it easy to clean and look seamless
- Great for cooking foods that need consistent low temperature
Gas Cooktop Pro’s
Achieve’s high heat quickly, turns off and starts to cool down straight away
On new gas cook tops, If the flame goes out for any reason the gas will immediately turn off
If you happen to lose power, you can still cook on your gas cook top
Induction Cooktop Pro’s
- Fastest cooking method and responds instantly to temperature change
- Flush surface makes it very easy to clean and looks modern and stylish
- Safest option due to the technology heating the cook ware itself leaving the cook top to cool drastically once turned off
Electric Cook Top Con’s
Holds heat after being turned off, therefore can be dangerous. Most brands will have a red signal to make you aware it is still hot.
Temperature change does not happen instantly
Heat is not as controlled as gas or induction cook tops
Gas Cook Top Con’s
- Bulkier design and can be more difficult to clean around the rivets
- Must check gas levels consistantly to prevent running out
- More of a fire hazzard out of the 3 due to the open flame
Induction Cook Top Con’s
- Most expensive due to new age technology
- Must use induction cook ware or your food wont cook! These can be expensive but worth investing in
Need an Electrician for Your Renovations?
Southside Air Conditioning and Electrical is a full service and installation company for all air conditioners and electrical work for your residential and/or commercial premises around Brisbane north and south.
Whether you need new lighting installed, home rewiring or electrical repairs our professional team is just a phone call away.
Call now to ask for a quote or to book in your next service.